Stay Healthy, Stay Hydrated!
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Stay healthy and stay hydrated this summer!
Maintain your energy and focus throughout the summer months - stay hydrated! With the hustle and bustle of our busy lifestyles, it's hard to remember to grab a drink of water. We want to help you make hydration a habit! Here are some suggestions:
- Carry around your favorite water bottle or tumbler, or keep a pitcher of water at your desk during the day (away from your computer).
- Set an Outlook reminder or an alert on your phone to remind you to drink throughout the day.
- Sip on herbal tea or hot water with lemon in the morning instead of coffee, and you'll add an extra cup of fluid to your tally every day. This is also a great way to de-stress before or after a hectic work day, and to start your day already hydrated!
- Eat a diet rick in fruits, vegetables, and yogurt. These are water-rich foods and automatically increase your fluid intake!
- Reach for a glass of ice water when you're in a mid-day slump.
- Add fruits, vegetables (like cucumbers), and herbs to your water for a refreshing and unique flavor.
- Keep bottle water in your conference rooms to remind you, your coworkers, and office guests to drink more throughout meetings.
Making fruit-infused water is a great way to add variety to your water. If you like the taste of your water, you're bound to drink more throughout the day! Try some of these unique and exciting blends of fruits, vegetables, and/or herbs, or make a concoction of your own!:
- Cucumber, lime, cilantro
- Blueberry, raspberry, mint
- Mango, mint
- Mandarin oranges
- Strawberry, cucumber, lime, mint
- Lemon, raspberry, rosemary
- Orange, blueberry, basil
- Lime, ginger root, basil
- Watermelon, honeydew, mint
- Lemon, thyme
- Orange, cinnamon
Check out the IronRoad Wellness July newsletter for benefits of drinking water!
Subscribe To Our Blog
06/29/2017 - Relax & Recharge!
10/29/2016 - Get rid of the Halloween candy
10/21/2016 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month
07/20/2016 - Stay Healthy, Stay Hydrated!
06/15/2016 - June is UV Safety Month!
04/19/2016 - Check out the April Wellness n
03/28/2016 - Check out the March Wellness n
04/30/2015 - Change in Office Setup
03/06/2015 - Welcome!