Get rid of the Halloween candy!
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Get rid of the Halloween Candy!
Happy Halloween!!! Halloween is a fun and exciting holiday, but don't let your sweet tooth derail your wellness goals! Try out some of these tactics to get rid of the excess candy and do good in the community.
Donate it. Unload your stash at a nearby police station or a shelter for displaced women and children.
Ship it to the troops.
Find a local business that is participating in Halloween Candy Buyback! Participating local businesses buy back kids' Halloween candy at a scheduled event with cash, sugar-free products, coupons, toothbrushes, and creative exchanges. To find a participating buyback in your area, type your ZIP code here.
- Operation Gratitude's Halloween candy program ships packages full of goodies to troops as another way of saying thank you for their service.
- Soldiers' Angels allows you to ship directly to the troops. Visit Soldiers' Angels to submit your information to receive shipping details. Get your whole company involved and plan a donation and shipping day!
- Place bulgur in a medium bowl; cover with 1 cup boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine chicken and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add bulgur to chicken mixture; toss gently to combine.
- Serve in a whole grain wrap or whole grain pita. Or, serve in a salad and have a piece of fruit on the side.
Eat too much Halloween candy? Check out the IronRoad Wellness October newsletter for tips on preparing for a Thanksgiving Day 5k!
Subscribe To Our Blog
06/29/2017 - Relax & Recharge!
10/29/2016 - Get rid of the Halloween candy
10/21/2016 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month
07/20/2016 - Stay Healthy, Stay Hydrated!
06/15/2016 - June is UV Safety Month!
04/19/2016 - Check out the April Wellness n
03/28/2016 - Check out the March Wellness n
04/30/2015 - Change in Office Setup
03/06/2015 - Welcome!