June is UV Safety Month!
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
June is UV Safety Month. Protect your skin this summer!
Some tips and facts to help you protect your skin from damaging rays.
- Look for water resistant sunscreen and reapply it every 2-3 hours if you are in the pool or sweating.
- 5-10% of skin cancer occurs on the eyelid.
- Protect your eyes! Always buy sunglasses labeled "UV400" or "100% UV Protection."
- Swipe non-menthol lip balm with SPF onto eyelids. Don't worry, the wax won't migrate into eyes or lead to irritation, but will protect your eyelids.
- Shield yourself with sunscreen and protect your skin from skin cancer! Choose broad spectrum (protects from UVA and UVB rays), and choose at least SPF 30.
- Look for clothing items labeled UPF 50 or higher, which indicates fabrics have been designed and chemically-treated to effectively block UV rays.
Check out the infographic from IronRoad Wellness!
Subscribe To Our Blog
06/29/2017 - Relax & Recharge!
10/29/2016 - Get rid of the Halloween candy
10/21/2016 - Breast Cancer Awareness Month
07/20/2016 - Stay Healthy, Stay Hydrated!
06/15/2016 - June is UV Safety Month!
04/19/2016 - Check out the April Wellness n
03/28/2016 - Check out the March Wellness n
04/30/2015 - Change in Office Setup
03/06/2015 - Welcome!