Crockpot Cooking - Easy Salsa Verde Chicken
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Easy Crockpot Salsa Verde Chicken
This recipe is quick, easy, and takes very few ingredients. Start it before leaving for work, and come home to a prepared dinner!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar (16-ounces) Salsa Verde
- 1 can (14.5-ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) chili powder
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, diced, for garnish
- Chopped parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- Lightly spray the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, place in the crock pot.
- Add Salsa Verde, chopped tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder; stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook for 3.5-4 hours on HIGH, or 5-6 hours on LOW.
- For tacos, fajitas, etc. shred the chicken; remove the cover and transfer chicken breasts to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken. Stir the chicken back into the crockpot mixture.
- Could also eat without shredding (whole, tender chicken breasts).
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Top with diced onions and fresh parsley or cilantro.
- For a complete meal - serve with a grain (tortilla or rice) and a vegetable.
NOTE: You can customize this recipe with ANY kind of meat, and ANY kind of salsa. Choose your favorites, toss in a crockpot, turn on low, and leave for work!
Subscribe To Our Blog
06/29/2017 - Fuel Your Brain
10/20/2016 - PB and Apple Sandwich
08/23/2016 - Creating healthy lunches!
08/22/2016 - Chicken and Feta Tabbouleh
07/21/2016 - Summer Salsa Recipe!
04/27/2016 - Crockpot Cooking - Easy Salsa
03/17/2015 - Get in some greens this St. Pa